Thursday, January 1

Celebrating 2014

Happy 2015!

Before looking forward, and weighing resolutions and all that other ... weighty ... stuff - let's go back.

What do you want to CELEBRATE from the year PAST?

The first "YAY" that comes to mind is a writing project called NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. The challenge was to write 50,000+ words in the month of November with the goal of writing a novel. I made it past the 50K words (insert raucous cheer) and am still working on completing the story!

I finished my Christmas thank-you notes!! (Still have to mail them...)

Made some nice cards throughout the year! (Still spent too much time at Hallmark, though...)

Got through three surgeries (no overnights, whew), including repair of a detached retina. That is not fun! Make sure if you are pulling a Costco-sized box of cereal off the top shelf that you don't drop it on your eye! (In fairness to big boxes, that is just my best guess what caused the retina issue.)

Even so, all things considered, I found that the relatively minor process of getting a dental crown was more stressful emotionally than any of the surgeries. So much for logic...

Hmm - I'm sure that MORE AWESOME STUFF happened, but at the moment I can't remember. And that's not because of the flute of sparkling grape juice I downed after midnight either. Maybe it's the trauma of recalling the dentist's drill? That, I'd gladly forget.

In fact, there's plenty I'd like to forget from the past year. Things I messed up, times I let people down, disappointments, sorrows - all memories that as my boys would like to loudly sing, it would be good to "LET IT GO"... BUT thankfully that's not what this post is about!

So...

What do YOU want to remember when you look back on 2014?


(Maybe the pdf from this site will help! )
  

http://www.modernparentsmessykids.com/2014/12/free-family-new-years-resolution-printable.html

Have a Happy New Year!
--

No comments:

Post a Comment