Thursday, August 7

Teacher Appreciation

Warning - this post is kind of an INVITATION TO BRAINSTORM. I really want your  comments at the end. All the product choices and ideas are tentative at the moment! When the details are set I will change this announcement at the top of this post, OK? Meanwhile please read and share your thoughts!

~ ~ ~


OK - I'm NOT doing a class this month on Teacher Appreciation cards or gifts. Hadn't planned on doing one this season, actually...

However! ...


I just ran across all these # TeacherTuesday posts on Facebook, and then found out it's not just on FB but also on Twitter and who-knows-where-else too...  Have you heard of, read a reference to, or posted about # TeacherTuesday ? (Here's some info... https://twitter.com/teachertuesday )

Anyways, it's a great reminder to thank the great teachers in our (and our children's) lives. But Teacher Appreciation week isn't until next MAY! Luckily, # TeacherTuesday gives us an excuse (as if one were needed) to show those favorite educators some love!

(I've got a high school sophomore and a 5th grader who've been in school a few weeks now, and I know THEIR teachers could use some appreciation! Dunno if the high schooler would want to be a part of it, though. *sigh*)

So ... would anyone like to get together in September and create something for a special teacher? (Remember "other" teachers: Music or PE teachers - or librarians! - Sunday School teachers, college professors, small group leaders, and so on.)

I've got an old CTMH stampset with a teacher thanks theme, and we could mix it up with the Teacher Appreciation stampset and the Chalk It Up themed products in the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book...

Here are some visuals:

 ~ ~ ~


Love the dotted writing guide lines! What would you write there? "more class" - and stamp "Teachers have" above that!

With the "Teachers give a Hooot" stamp, this would also coordinate with our August Stamp Of The Month, "What a Hoot"! I'll buy the set for everyone to share, if at least 3 people want to do a class.

~ ~ ~

 

12 sheets total of 12"x12" paper & CardStock, Themed for especially for school, although versatile enough to use in many other ways! 6 sheets of the 2-sided, heavy paper - a.k.a. B&T duos - shown above, plus 6 more sheets solid-color CS. Easy to coordinate for card fronts or matting stamped images.  We'd split the pack, obviously!

(Yes, Ms. English Teacher, those were nearly all fragments. LOL!)

~ ~ ~



There are 48 different designs - multiple copies of each! - in this school-themed collection of cards designed for pocket scrapbooking. And we have 13 collections! More than half of these pieces are sized 3"x4", just right for the front of a standard-sized greeting card. So this could be an option... You'd pick out the piece(s) for your project at the class.

~ ~ ~



Hmm. I don't know about these... Each of these two sheets is 12"x6", so the pieces might be a bit large for cards. Plus they seem geared primarily toward either scrapbooking or students. Or not? What do you think? I'm pretty sure that the words "School" and "Year" would definitely be too big!

~ ~ ~ 


PUFFY STICKERS! 
(need I say more?) 

~ ~ ~

 

Well, this washi tape is not precisely school-themed, but I thought it could be a fun accent.  :)

What other CTMH item might work well to accent a teacher-themed card &/or gift?  Red Enamel Hearts, maybe, or Cranberry Striped Twill Ribbon?

~ ~ ~
 Whew! after all that chatter, my keyboard is getting warm! I just do NOT know how to make a short blog post. :P 

I do, however, feel even MORE excited now about having a Teacher Appreciation class!

Let's do it on a Tuesday morning! 
9/9, 9/16, or 9/23? 

(I also have other days available - until my Sept. calendar is finalized - but Tuesdays seem appropriate. What works for you? No Sundays, Mondays, or Thursdays...)  

Leave a comment (or email/FB/text me) before Aug. 15 letting me know whether you're interested, and with your suggestion for class date. Perhaps you'd prefer to wait until Spring after all? Let me know! Also, what CTMH product would you recommend to embellish these projects, and what kind of gift box/bag/container would you like to make? (CRICUT makes it easy!) And/Or - have you ever posted or tweeted for # TeacherTuesday

(Responding gets you one Bonus entry in my 8/17 Open House drawing for Free Goodies! A Bonus entry is the only way to win if you don't attend the Open House.)

Looking forward to Creating with you soon!
:-) Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment