Hi!
When was the last time you got away from your responsibilities & just had FUN!?! If you're like me, it's been a while. However...!
LAST weekend I had a wonderfully inspiring & energizing experience at a Scrapbooking & Stamping "Regional Celebration" in Phoenix, for Close To My Heart consultants. My hubby was great; he & the boys kept each other busy all weekend so I could just focus on the fun! (The only downer was the 90-minute, round-trip drive to Cave Creek both days. At least construction only closed off the 101 once!)
We made all these creative projects and I just could NOT keep UP!!! It gave me real sympathy for the ladies who've come to my Workshops & Home Gatherings! I'm working on finishing up the projects and will post photos ASA I can figure out how.
The founder/CEO of our company was there and gave a great motivational speech on Friday, then led us through making a cute little "Technique Key-Ring" the next day. I'll have to post a picture when I get it assembled (I told you I couldn't keep up!).
I even won a couple of prizes: a set of colorful, floral die-cuts and a pack of Mentos candies!! WooHoo -- even winning silly prizes can be fun. I'll have to remember that...
The best part however was learning so much from the "business classes." I am so excited about offering my own monthly creative classes with the potential for repeat customers to get free creative supplies! And I loved learning more about the educational videos available to customers/consultants/window-shoppers -- for free -- through my own website. Who knew you could get discounts on some of the stuff used in the demos?!?
I also met some fellow local consultants whom I'm looking forward to meeting again soon.
The excitement still has me a little bubbly, even after a week has passed. I am hoping to re-create some of that getting-away, fun-for-a-day feeling at my next class or home gathering, so the ladies can relax & have a good time.
Would you comment with something that was fun for you at a retreat, workshop, or training session? If you do direct sales w/ home parties, what's something you do to make it a treat for those attending?
I look forward to seeing some posts!
:)
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment